Top 5 Modern Marketing Techniques
- Content Marketing – When it comes to content marketing, you could easily argue that every type of marketing discipline is based on the content marketing and promotional strategy. In basic terms, content marketing is the process of using digital content to attract customers to your site, product, brand or cause. At the core of content marketing is this idea that all potential customers can be motivated by valuable content. In the content marketing space, valuable content is measured in its ability to solve problems and engage customers. This content can be anything from blog posts to social media posts to engaging video or podcasts.
- Social Media Marketing – Since the advent of social media sites like Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, marketers have viewed this new transformational medium as a powerful marketing tool. In a nutshell, social media marketing is the process of gaining brand awareness/interest through leveraging social media platforms and tools. What has made social media marketing such a big hit in the digital marketing community is that it is equally conversational and instant. That is, marketing messages can be delivered and responded to in real time.
- Email Marketing – Email marketing is one of the oldest and most successful digital marketing techniques. Essentially, email marketing is the process of using email marketing communications – usually newsletters and promotional email messages – to expand brand awareness and interest. One of the misconceptions related to the social media revolution is that email as a medium is dead, or dying quickly. The opposite is actually true. In fact, email is still the most widely used communication medium in the business world. A recent study commissioned by iContact – a popular email marketing service – revealed that the majority of small business marketing budgetary resources were being allocated to email marketing processes.
- Search Marketing – Search Marketing, sometimes referred to as Search Engine Optimization (SEO) or Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is the process of gaining web traffic and visibility by using organic/unpaid and paid search marketing tools. This involves using a combination of keyword research, search-friendly content and display ads to drive traffic to your website or landing page.
- Mobile Marketing – Without going into too much technical detail, mobile marketing takes all the digital strategies listed above and delivers them to mobile or smartphone users. According to a recent report by Smart Insights, web users are becoming increasingly engaged by brands via their smartphones. The report actually indicates that so far in 2013 well over 80% of all inbound website traffic is fueled by smartphone devices. This means that any marketing outreach campaign you carry out in the months and years to come should be flexible enough to include the world of mobile users.